Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Raspberry Suite Challenge #16



I may hear some boos out there in cyber space for what I'm about to say, but here goes......I'm ready for fall. I know, I know, summer is not over yet, how can I be ready for the colder weather and darker days? I'm ready, because after fall, comes winter! I'm already getting excited for the first snowfall of the season, and I'm looking forward to curling up in my chair with my blanket and a nice cup of tea. I'm ready to not have to blast the A/C every time I get in the car, and most of all.....I'm ready for my craft room to not be smoking hot anymore:)Needless to say, I was stoked to see Dawn's colour selections for this week's challenge, because of how much they remind me of autumn. I made the following card using her colour inspiration as well as sketch #242 over at splitcoast stampers. I used a 5.5 x 4.25 piece of chocolate chip for my base colour. I matted a piece of scrap pp, that I had left over from a scrapbook page, with a piece of more mustard. I stamped the acorn image from The more the merrier stamp set onto a piece of very vanilla with some dark brown chalk ink that I had and matted that onto a paper pierced circle of more mustard. The brown leaves are from the All through the year stamp set. This piece was matted with a piece of Creamy Caramel. The golden brads I had from a craft store. I thought the ribbon was the perfect touch, seeing as my family is what I give thanks for everyday. Can't wait to make more fall cards.....but more so, I can't wait to start getting my christmas cards ready! Winter is going to be here before I know it:)

3 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

looks great. love all of the layers

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your brad accents. Fabulous job with Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Elise said...

Jenna, this card is DELIGHTFUL! I'm with you on the fall thing: bring it! Dawn's colors were an excellent choice to get us all in the mood! Your card is fabulous! {YOUR BLOG is fabulous, too!} Great job, sweetie!