Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge #95



My New SU! stuff arrived Friday, Just in time to play on the weekend! So I made this card using
Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I used Old Olive as my card base. I stamped the small flower from the For all you do stamp set in Rose Red on Rose Red cs and then matted that on a piece of whisper white. The pp is from the Old Olive designer series paper set and the leaves were made using the Sizzlit Little Leaves (love it!) die cut and Old Olive cs. I used the masking technique (not very well....) for the two colours of flowers (Rose Red and Regal Rose). For a
tutorial on how to do this technique visit the split coast stampers website (link to the right).
Finally I used a strip of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and used my circle punches to mat the thank you sentiment. One of my hostesses will probably get this card. What do you think?

No comments: