Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Challenge....New Technique!


So, my first year anniversary is coming up this weekend and I wanted to make sure I put a little bit more effort into DH's card this year (he hasn't been too impressed with past cards), and I saw this challenge on Dawn McVey's blog (see link on right) and thought it would be a great jumping point to make his card. (don't worry I don't think he'll check out my blog:)


I couldn't help but notice that the new
"in colours" with Stampin' Up were pretty
close to the colours that she's chosen. So I thoughtI would use this
challenge to make a card for DH. I used
melon mambo, whisper white, and rich razzleberry along with some scrap pp
that I had on hand. I love the Pun Fun set from Stampin' Up and I've made my DH shake his head on many occasions by saying, "thanks a latte!" I think he'll get a kick out of it. I added a rich razzleberry piece of paper that I had embossed. I always thought this Provo Craft embossing folder looked like waves, but now I think it also can look like steam:) Here's what I came up with:



I may have been a little rough with my score line at the top right hand corner, but hubby will still love it:)




I completely cased Beate Johns card using
the recessed window technique. Visit her blog
(link to the right) to see her great video tutorial
on how to make this type of card. It's very easy to
follow! Isn't her card beautiful?






1 comment:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great job with the shadow box techniqute. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of fun. Awesome job on Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E