Monday, August 10, 2009

Novice Blogger



Hey everyone! Thanks for coming to check out my blog. This is a completely new idea for me, so bear with me as I figure everything out. I wanted to start off by sharing a couple of new cards I've made with you. These are the cards that I'm going to demonstrate on my first stampin' up workshop. Let me know what you think!

This first card was made with SU!'s For all you do set and SU!'s new in color papers and inks. I used a 5.5 x 8.25" piece of whisper white as my base and nested a 5.25 x 4" piece of bermuda bay on top. Next I put a 5 x 3.75" piece of whisper white and stamped the greeting thank you in bermuda bay. The melon mambo and whisper white circles were cut using my Creative Memories circle cutting system. I stamped the butterflies in rich razzleberry and the flower in melon mambo onto whisper white cardstock and cut them out. I stamped the stem in soft suede directly onto the whisper white circle. I used dimensionals to pop up the butterflies and finished the card of with some paper piercing. I think it is a fairly basic card to start off with.

The next one is also fairly straight-forward. I used both my All Through the Year and my Loads of Love stamp sets. I used soft suede as my base cardstock and nested a piece of off-white scrap paper I had inside. I stamped my leaf stamp from the All Through the Year stamp set with dusty durango. Next I used my ticket corner punch to punch the corners of a second piece of off-white scrap paper and matted that with another piece of soft suede. I'm planning on demonstrating how to watercolor with this card (even though I haven't mastered the technique yet myself). Practice is the fun part! I used my watercolor pencil crayons along with my blender pen to colour in the truck and pumpkins. The greeting was stamped with dusty durango on a 1 1/4 " circle and matted on a 1 3/8" dusty durango circle. I used the smallest punch of my cropodile to create the holes for the twine to go through. I added some orange brads that I had on hand and there you have it, a sweet fall card!


No comments: