Friday, September 4, 2009

Loads of Love

I've got loads of love for the upcoming fall/winter season, and all of the cards I've made recently have been made using this theme. A friend has challenged me to make 30 projects this month (one for each day) and with Christmas around the corner I just might be able to do it! I made these 2 cards yesterday (when I was supposed to be at boot camp:(


I love using the trees in this set from SU! I think they are so cute and versatile! I used a 5.5 x 4.25 base of always artichoke. I stamped my trees in always artichoke on a 5.25 x 4" piece of very vanilla. The ribbon, dsp and larger circle are all real red. I stamped the warm winter wishes sentiment (from The More the Merrier) onto very vanilla with real red. I'm still working on my watercolouring, but I think I prefer using my pencil crayons with a blender pen (the ink/aqua painter combo doesn't seem to offer as good control and is a little bit more dramatic:) I like the subtlety of the blender pen. I've never torn paper before for a card, but I think I'm going to be doing it more often.

After making the above card I had to make a slider card with my truck. Not my best card, but I still think it's pretty cute. I mixed up the paper a little bit for this one, using a 5.5 x 4.25 piece of real red instead of the always artichoke. The dsp is always artichoke this time. I'm not loving my job of tearing the paper this time, but it works:) I used some white ribbon I had on hand for the slider. The snowflake and "Merry Christmas" sentiment were stamped with Not Quite Navy onto very vanilla and matted with NQN. The Snowflake is from SU!'s The Snowflake Spot And the truck and sentiment are from SU!'s Loads of Love. Don't be surprised if you get a christmas card from me using this set this year.....I'm obsessed! TFL!

No comments: