Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Craft Weekend!

Each year my sisters, my mom and I get together while the boys are out golfing to spend a weekend together. We play with my nephews, eat great food and get a lot of crafting done. One of my favourite things is scrapbooking with my sisters. It's so fun to sit around and gossip, plan trips together, and especially get page/card ideas from each other......and oh ya.....get to use all of their stuff!!:) I got a couple of scrapbook pages done (that I'll share in a couple of days) that I've had planned out for awhile and a couple of cards.

Here are some cards that I've made since my last post:



I wanted to play around with my The More
the Merrier stamp set from SU! but I wasn't feeling overly imaginative and this is what I came up with. It's not great, but the ribbon pleating makes me happy:) I used pumpkin pie and whisper white cardstock and white grosgrain ribbon. I can't to play more with this set, there is so much more it can do!!




I made this card with my sisters using up
some gorgeous pp that I had on hand.
It matched SU!'s rose red perfectly. I
added the let it snow sentiment, some
white brads and some punched snowflakes
and voila! I think I'm going to make some
more cards with this pp. I love it!











Finally I made this last card using an old sketch from Card
Patterns. I still like the idea, but my execution is pretty bad. I used an embossing folder for the snowflakes in SU!'s taken with teal and used white embossing powder with my snowflake image from the Snowflake Spot on Night of Navy cs. I didn't get rid of the static on the paper first and so of course I ended up with embossing powder everywhere!! I thought that it might have ended up looking kind of cool, but I'm not digging it. The sparkle sentiment is from SU!'s Warm Words stamp set. I finished it off by punching a snowflake out of whisper white and popping it off the top layer of the card. I think I'm going to have to try this one again....but with different colours:)

No comments: