Thursday, September 10, 2009

"How Do You Do?"




"I see you comb that hair, gimme that grin...." So...I've recently re-discovered my Roxette cd (much to DH's dismay) so needless to say, when I've planned to sit down at my craft desk, I actually spend more time dancing! Good times....Between my dance moves I managed to get a couple of cards done. The first one is a christmas card that I made using my The More the Merrier stamp set from SU! I started with a Not Quite Navy piece of 5.5 x 4.25 cs and put a 5.25 x 4.25 piece of very vanilla cs on top. I followed that with a 5 x 3.75 piece of Not Quite Navy that I embossed with a snowflake image. The snowman image was inked with Not Quite Navy on very vanilla cs and matted with a piece of 3.5 x 2.5 piece of Not Quite Navy cs. I punched the edges with my ticket punch from SU! and put that on a 3.75 x 2.75 piece of sparkly silver paper that I had on hand. The Sentiment is from SU!'s Warm Words stamp set. The white ribbon and silver brads I had on hand from the craft store. I finished the card by adding sparkly stickles to the snowflakes that I embossed. It's hard to see in the photo, but the card is very sparkly!


The second card I made for sketch challenge # 241 at splitcoaststampers. I used a 5.5 x 4.25 piece of pumpkin pie as my card base. I used very vanilla to mat my 2 pieces of really rust dsp. I stamped the truck from Loads of Love onto watercolour paper and matted that with a piece of 3.25 x 2.75 pumpkin pie. I used my watercolour pencil crayons and my blender pen to colour in the truck and pumpkins. I finished it off with some ribbon that I had on hand. I love that thick ribbon!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: