Monday, September 14, 2009

Paws for a Cause!


The Pharm Dogs had a great day yesterday walking our paws off! Amie, Jen, Laura, Jennifer, Tika, Gunner, Lucy, Peanut, Maggie and I all had a fun day with gorgeous weather, and a lot of money was raised for our local SPCA branch. Having adopted our two dogs from the SPCA we've been able to witness first hand everything that the SPCA does. They work so hard to protect our 4 legged fur-babies! Here are some pictures from yesterday:









doesn't Maggie look so cute with her pink bandanna?


I also got a couple of cards made over the weekend. I made this one, and I'm hoping to give it out soon to a certain friend who's trying to get pregnant...keeping my fingers crossed:) I used Brenda Weaver's technique of paper folding to make the flower out of some pp I had. I stitched on a white button I had and pleated some white grosgrain ribbon. I stamped the cheers sentiment from SU!'s The Snowflake Spot with versamark onto Elegant Eggplant and then used white embossing powder to kick it up a notch:) I'm not in love with this card.....it's still missing something....

I wanted to christen my Big On Christmas stamp
set so I made this card. I used Not Quite Navy for my base and whisper white on top. I stamped the two snowflake images from SU!'s The Snowflake Spot with versamark onto another piece of Not Quite Navy and then heat embossed some white embossing powder on top. The snowflake in the sentiment is from SU!'s All Through the Year set and is stamped with Night of Navy and punched out with my circle punch. I added some bling with a rhinestone brad from SU! to the middle. I'm loving the versatility of all the snowflake images from SU! (there may be a lot of these types of cards being delivered from my house this season:)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: