Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #56

Yesterday Jesse and I went out to the bush intending to take the dogs on a nice short hike. Jesse had been bragging about his last walk with Maggie off leash and I wanted to see her in action:) We went up a logging trail in order to check on Jesse's game camera (his new obsession) and got part way up when we came across these ATV'ers. Jesse stopped to ask one of them a question and when we went to get going again....we were stuck! The road was slick! We hadn't had any trouble; we hadn't slid an inch up until that point. Jesse tried to back up a bit and we instantly slid into the ditch! Luckily no one was hurt and the 4-runner is fine. Anyways, to make long stories short, we figured we weren't going to get the 4-runner out that day and the ATV'ers weren't offering up much help, so we decided to walk back to the highway and maybe call someone to give us a ride back into town. My friend Amie came to the rescue! She dropped everything to come and go way out of her way to drive us back home! What a sweetheart! So I made this card for her using today's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I might have to slip a little something in the inside:)


I thought SU!'s Loads of Love would be perfect for this card and decided I would try and put the truck in a snowy ditch:) I love using the paper piecing technique with this set. It's so fun to make the truck multiple colours. And of course because Maggie and Attaboy were with us I had to stamp some dogs in the back:)


Supplies:
-old olive, very vanilla, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, and whisper white cs
-old olive and Night of Navy dsp
-old olive striped grosgrain ribbon
-dimensionals
-basic black ink
-black brad
-circle punches
-"you're too kind" is from SU!'s Whimsical Words from the Sale-a-bration catalogue

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenna








5 comments:

kANNAdyjka said...

Lovely card! Hello from the Okanagan, BC!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is adorable!

Lee said...

Hi Jenna, I love the colours of your card, and the snowy ditch your truck is stuck in!
I also can't help mention that i've been to Vernon and stayed with friends, and it is like a little piece of heaven you have there!
Waving to you from Perth, west Aussie x

Back Porch Stamper said...

A great card! Love square cards and your idea of stuck in the snow is just too cute!

Jenna Wunderlich said...

thanks ladies! This card makes me smile each time I look at it, cause it always makes me remember this funny story:)