Friday, February 5, 2010

Emboss Resist


Papertrey Ink is going to have weekly technique challenges and their first one is emboss resist. I'm super excited about these challenges because the design team over at Papertrey is very talented and is constantly giving me great ideas to use with my Stampin' Up! products. I've never tried the emboss resist technique before and was pleasantly surprised. It's so easy! Now I know how people are making those gorgeous sunrise, etc cards! (check out splitcoaststampers for some examples). I'm not 100% happy with the two colours I used for sponging, I think there is too much contrast between the two, but overall I LOVE this card! Let me know what you think:) I also used sketch challenge #265 from splitcoaststampers for the layout.

Supplies used:
-Garden Silhouettes stamp set from SU!
-soft suede, ruby red, very vanilla cs from SU!
-My Mind's Eye pp
-Regal Rose, Bravo Burgandy ink
-ribbon is from SU!'s Beachfront Ribbon Originals
-sentiment from SU!'s Sweatheart stamp set
-scalloped edge punch
-versamark
-clear embossing powder
-dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Lovely card Jenna. I really like the colors you chose. The scalloped edge is a great touch!

Anonymous said...

This is a very elegant card and I love the color combo.
Great take on the challenge.
CeeCee
www.creationsceecee.com