Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympic Fever

Similar to a lot of people in BC right now, we've caught Olympic Fever in our house. I love watching as many events as I can, I just love the winter olympics! Right now, the hockey game between Canada and the U.S. is on.....it's fairly quiet...which means Canada is currently losing. I knew I had to get my card-making done early today so that I could watch it with hubby:) I made a couple of cards this morning. I got the idea for both of these cards from the current Idea Book and Catalogue from SU!. I of course tweeked the cards slightly so that I can call them my own:)

For this first one, I saw this ribbon technique used in the catalogue and thought it was pretty neat. I used twine to tie the ribbon, but I think using the linen thread would be better (maybe I'll have to get some:) I started with the Razzleberry lemonade and went from there. I haven't used much of this crushed curry colour, but I think it works pretty well for this card:) I also haven't done a card using these dimensions before. It will fit in a regular letter envelope. It was kind of fun to have so much space to work with:)


Supplies:
-whisper white, crushed curry, melon mambo cs
-razzleberry lemonade dsp
-paper piercer, dimensionals, scalloped edge punch
-melon mambo ink
-white grosgrain ribbon, twine, white brad
-Warm Words and For All You Do stamp sets from SU!


This next card didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but I still like it. I struggled to find this colour combo, I really liked the pumpkin pie and elegant eggplant together but I was struggling to find a partner for them:) I had Taken with Teal in there for awhile, but it wasn't really working;)

Supplies:
-elegant eggplant, summer sun, whisper white, pumpkin pie cs
-elegant eggplant, pumpkin pie ink
-white grosgrain ribbon, white brads, scalloped edge punch
-white embossing powder
-Garden Greetings and Tart and Tangy stamp sets from SU!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenna

No comments: