Friday, July 2, 2010

The New Catalogue is Here!

Yes, It's the beginning of July which can mean only one thing.....Stampin Up!'s new catalogue has arrived! Jesse and I have been on holidays so I haven't had a ton of time to play in my craft room until today. And I thought what better way to showcase the new catalogue than to play with some retired products:) LOL, I didn't plan it, but looking at these cards now, I realize that's exactly what I've done:) Oh well, I have plenty of time to play with the new stuff:) I'm in love with the accessories, I can't wait to get my hands on that crochet trim! If you want to get your hands on one of the new catalogues just give me a shout, but you can always look at it online at stampinup.com. Anyways, on to the cards:


I used Clean and Simples sketch #96 for this first card. I used the masking technique to overlay the gorgeous flower image multiple times. Then I watercoloured the images with taken with teal and night of navy ink. I really love the main panel, but there's something not quite right about the rest of the card. If anyone can tell me what they'd do differently, I'd love to hear it:)



Supplies:
-taken with teal, whisper white, night of navy cardstock
-watercolour paper
-taken with teal, night of navy, basic black ink
-blender pen
-pewter and white brads
-white organza ribbon
-scallop trim border punch
-"Embrace Life" and "Garden Greetings"

For the second card I used Card Patterns' sketch #70 and the following colour palette:



Wow, I sure struggled to fit all 5 of those colours into one card! I'm not sure I hit the mark, but it's kind of pretty. Not sure how I feel about that row of buttons...


Supplies:
-night of navy, whisper white, bordering blue, crumb cake, and not quite navy cardstock
-scallop border punch
-night of navy grosgrain ribbon
-white gel pen
-white brad
-blue bazzil buttons
-twine
-old olive, basic black, and night of navy ink
-"Kind and Caring Thoughts" and "Embrace Life" stamp sets

thanks for stopping by!

Jenna

No comments: