Wednesday, June 16, 2010

new challenge site:)



I've discovered a new challenge site and it makes me so happy:) It's so nice to be able to find inspiration from other people so quickly and challenge sites are the easiest way for me to do that without feeling like I'm stealing another card completely:) The new site is the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge site which you can find a link to on the right. I used their first sketch to make this card. I've been working on some cards for my father-in-law to give out to some co-workers and I've been trying to come up with some that have an astrological theme. Not quite sure I'm hitting the mark, but the moon is astrological right?:) I saw this idea to put the owl from "forest friends" in front of a brayered sky from someone else (so I guess a little bit of stealing is ok:) The card measures 4.25 x 4.25.



Supplies:
-not quite navy, whisper white, basic black cardstock
-versamark, black embossing powder
-white grosgrain ribbon
-not quite navy, tempting turquoise, and basic black ink
-scalloped edge punch
-"forest friends", "great friend" and "happy moments" stamp sets from SU!

thanks for stopping by!
Jenna