Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bright Sunday Morning




Well it's been awhile since I've spent much time in my craft room. I've been loving spending some time outside with the nice weather we've been having. In fact I had plans to work on my garden this weekend, but seeing as I'm feeling a tad bit under the weather I decided to hang out inside instead. I used a couple of challenges this morning. I love the current embellish challenge! The colours are so bright and cheerful! I wouldn't normally choose these colours together, but they look pretty good:) I had to get a card made for next Sunday morning and when I saw the current Card Patterns sketch I thought it would be perfect for an acetate card. I love acetate cards and I hope the recipient of this one does too:)



I'm digging the embossed layer behind the circle, but the bow is not doing it for me, I might have to change it to a knot instead

Supplies:
-taken with teal, summer sun, whisper white, and garden green cs
-basic black, and melon mambo ink
-white organza ribbon
-SU! Little Leaves Sizzlit die
-flower embossing folder
-"For All You Do" and "Vintage Vogue" stamp sets
-Staz-on white
-acetate
-dimensionals, white brads, mini dots


Thanks for stopping by!
Jenna

10 comments:

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Tracey said...

LOVE this bright and cheerful card Jenna!! I always forget about using acetate! Thanks for the inspiration and joining us at Card Patterns :)

lizzaveta said...

So elegant card!
Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!)

whoistracy said...

Jenna this is wonderful! Love the clear base, the colors, the trio of flowers. So sweet!

Angela Mclean said...

Love the bold flowers and also how you've dry embossed the corners of the backing paper.... lovey!
Angela xxx.

Ruby said...

Very pretty card! I really like the bow. I think it finishes it off nicely :o) You've done a lovely job with the acetate. It's something I keep saying I must make but never quite get around to because I'm not quite sure what to do lol

Mariana Grigsby said...

Great details on this card! The stamped acetate, and the embossed blue background look fantastic!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card and congrats!

Rae said...

A most awesome card! Well deserved recognition!

Rae said...

PS. Love your header pic, too!