Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day!




Happy World Card Making Day to all you crafters out there! I knew I wanted to save Dawn's colour challenge for today. Whenever I'm in a slump, her colour challenges are always the perfect thing to pull me out of it! I combined her colour challenge #17 with Clean & Simple's challenge Fall to Layout # 62.

When I saw this pp today I knew it would be the perfect choice for the colour challenge! Plus I'm a huge sucker for snowflake paper so it was a no-brainer! I used whisper white for my base and matted a piece of creamy caramel (I don't have any kraft) on top. I used my scalloped edge punch from SU! to make the scalloped border in real red. The "be merry" sentiment is from SU!'s Warm Words stamp set. I inked the sentiment in real red onto whisper white and put that directly onto the satin chocolate chip ribbon that I tied into a bow. Gotta love those clean & simple sketches! I love how clean my cards look when I use them for inspiration!

thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Just beautiful! Love the red in the centers of the snowflakes!

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love the chocolate Chip ribbon. Beautiful card :)

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous snowflakes and that ribbon just looks yummy! Great card!

Scrapping Julie said...

so pretty. LOVE the snowflakes

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great scallops and ribbon elements. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Cute card!!